VaughanMetroCentre.ca is your leading source for VMC area news, community, and business information. We are dedicated to providing residents of Vaughan and those looking to settle into the community with up to date information on developments, properties, and opportunities to engage with the growing City of Vaughan. Click around, explore, and spread the word!
Vaughan (2011 population 288,301) is a Canadian city in the Ontario region of York. It is north of Toronto. Vaughan was the fastest-growing municipality in Canada between 1996 and 2006, achieving a population growth rate of 80.2% according to Statistics Canada having nearly doubled in population since 1991. It is the fifth-largest city in the Greater Toronto Area, and the 17th largest city in Canada.
Vaughan is bounded by Caledon and Brampton to the west, King and Richmond Hill to the north, Markham and Richmond Hill to the east, and Toronto, to the south. It is located approximately 25 minutes from Downtown Toronto.
There are six major communities that make up the city. They are commonly seen today to extend to areas far beyond their original sites that encompass lesser-known communities in turn. Most residents (and even non-residents) identify more with them then they do with the city as a whole.
- Woodbridge: North/South – Major Mackenzie/Steeles, East/West – Hwy 400/Hwy 50
- Vaughan Metropolitan Centre: North/South – Hwy 7/Steeles, East/West – Hwy 400/Jane
- Maple: North/South – King Vaughan Line/Rutherford, East/West – Bathurst/Hwy 400
- Thornhill: North/South – Hwys. 7 and 407 (or, to some, as far north as Teston for the area west of Bathurst) /Steeles, East/West – Yonge/Dufferin
- Concord: North/South – Rutherford/Steeles, East/West – Bathurst/Hwy 400
- Kleinburg: North/South – King Vaughan Line/Major Mac, East/West – Hwy 400/Hwy 50
For further information, please visit: